Sunday 3 October 2021

The Peacock 300

 "How are you now", Carl asks me.

I can feel tears steaming moistly down my face.  "Okay.  Better.  Much better.  Thank you.  Was that an exorcism?"

"Not exactly  But I could see that something had you in its grip. in fact, ten minutes after you were gone I began to worry.  I sensed that something was not right."

"Thank you, Carl  Thank you so much."

"Thank Jesus.  He did it.  We are just his instruments."  He is smiling broadly and warmly.

"Then I thank Jesus in you  Where did you learn to do that?"

"The community in Switzerland.  We are charismatics, and believe and experience the full presence and power of the Holy Spirit in our lives.  But there is a cost.  I mean, why do you think my sister and I are out here taking care of everyone rather than seeking our own lives and careers in Vancouver or in Amsterdam?"

"Divine service?"

"And then some."

He is sitting again in the rocker, swaying gently back and forth.  

"Who do you think has been maintaining that trail?"

"I am almost sure that some of the brothers are behind it.  When we meet this afternoon I will be posing a few questions.  Want to go into town for lunch again?"

No comments:

Post a Comment