Wednesday 27 October 2021

The Peacock 323

 "I have an auntie in Venezuela, mom's side of the family, and I lived with her a few years."

"de verdad viviste en Venezuela?" asks Jesús.

"Really did I live in Venezuela", Tommy translates.  "De verdad, mi buen amigo, cinco años y solo hablaba español por todos aquellos años."

Aaron translates, "That's right, my good friend, for five years and I spoke only Spanish during all those years."

"Tu también hablas español"" he says to Aaron, genuinely surprised.

"Hermano, lo hablo muchísimo.  Muchísimo."

Jesús translates "Brother, I speak lots of Spanish."

"Are there many Chinese living in Venezuela?", Sarah asks.  

"Más que podrías contar, querido.

"More than you could count, dear", translates Aaron.

"Chévere, dos hispanohablantes.  Chicos, que tal hablamos más pronto?" says Tommy, grinning enthusiastically.

"Cool" translates Jesús.  "two Spanish speakers.  Guys, how about we talk more soon?"

"I don't see why not", says Aaron.

No comments:

Post a Comment