Friday 18 March 2022

The Peacock 459

 "How long have you been here, Glen?" I ask, both from politeness and curiosity.

"Ten years, at least."

"We arrived here around the same time didn't we?" says Carl.

"I think you were a couple of weeks ahead of me."

"And, you would be one of our guests", says Glen, smiling with a tenderness I find both disarming and rather scary.  "One of Father Griffin's proteges?"

"Ex-protege", says Carl.

"Me too.  And now we are in your capable hands", says Glen to Carl with a slight giggle. 

"And Glen, you came here slightly ahead of Michael and his mom?" Sarah asks.

"Followed by the others, Adam and Lazarus came together, followed by Matthew."

"You´re not from the monastery?" I ask.

"We were all part of a Christian community on Vancouver island.  But we met each other before in Vancouver, around twenty years ago. .." 

  


No comments:

Post a Comment