Sunday 27 March 2022

The Peacock 468

"That is us."

"That it is", says Glen.  "Oh Glen, would you like more coffee?" 

"I can get it", he says.

"stay where you are.  I will serve you your coffee."

"Thank you."

"How do you like it?"

"Double double."

All the mugs here are the same shade of deep midnight blue.  Then Glen mentions, "You know, I used to have a mug just like this one.  It was my favourite.

"They are elegant", says Sarah indifferently.

Francois appears in the doorway.  "Excuse me, I am about to start washing the floors on the second floor, and I would really like it, Tristan, if you could help me."

"I'm reading the word of God", he mumbles.

Carl says, smiling at him, "And now you have a chance to live out the word of God."

Tristan says nothing, glances around at all eyes focussed on him, gets up from the table and follows Father Francois out of the room...

No comments:

Post a Comment