Tuesday 15 March 2022

The Peacock 456

 "Was that Carol?"  The voice belongs to Sarah.  "What  absolutely inspired music.  Where did she go?"

"She's helping Melissa in the kitchen," says Carl.

"Women's work?" Her sarcasm is quite unveiled.

"How about helping us out back". says Carl.

"Doing what?"

"We're just finishing a new trail.  Coming?"

"I trust that is not an order."

"When have you ever heard me give orders?"

"Then your wish is my command.  Are we going now?"

"No, yesterday."

"I just have to put on some shoes first", say I.

"You mean you've been barefoot all this time?" she says.

"You mean it's taken you this long to notice?" says Carl, laughing.

"I can think of a million other things I would want to look at instead of a man's stinky feet", she says in mock disgust.


No comments:

Post a Comment