Wednesday 9 March 2022

The Peacock 450

 "Drowning.  but I do want to stay here for the whole month, or longer, to see how things pan out with everyone.

 "Did Carl tell you that our mother is coming out here next week?"

"Really?"

With a more gentle gesture, Melissa again sweeps away her long hair from her face.  "You know, I look exactly like her.  But I have my father's personality.  And Carl, he is the complete opposite.  He has Mom's personality and Dad's good looks."

"I am looking forward to meeting her."

"She is a truly amazing woman.  There is even a chance that she will take up residence with us here.  Full lime."

"She doesn't have her community in Switzerland?"

"It has become dominated by other interests, and she has become quite sick and tired of fighting them. Of course, we have made her well aware of some of the problems and challenges that could be awaiting her here, but she seems equal to almost anything."

"You admire your mother."

"Even if she was someone else's mother, I would still admire here.

"What's her name?"

"Astrid."


No comments:

Post a Comment