Tuesday 29 March 2022

The Peacock 470

 "Wait a minute", says Sarah, "isn't there work to do?"

"Francois and Tristan are doing the floors upstairs", says Carl, "George and Jeff are working in the garden, Melissa and Carol are making pies  And I think that Maureen and Jenn are taking care of the third floor today.  Who only knows what the others have got up to, and I think that Aaron and Jesús are on a hike together, an excuse for both of them to speak Spanish.  Everything's taken care of.  We can hang out and lolligag like faux royalty."

"I feel restless", says Sarah, "Like I really need to go dancing."

"Why don't you?" says Carl.

"Ha!  I only wish!"

"I'm also feeling restless", says Glen.

"It's probably from all the coffee", say I

"And I am putting on another pot", says Carl, heading for the kitchen.

"Hey Carl", she says, "How much milk do we have left?"

"Lots."

"Make a big batch of cocoa?"

"Only if you supervise.  You have the magic touch for all things chocolate, my good Sarah..."

No comments:

Post a Comment