Wednesday 16 March 2022

The Peacock 457

 I wonder about first washing my feet, since they are feeling pretty grody right now.  I skip the bathroom and go straight to my room.  On further examination, they seem perfectly clean, but for a couple of pieces of floor grit, and absolutely without odour.  I simply sweep off the grit and reach for the socks.  Easy Peasy  Then I hear something,  I strain to listen and I hear it again.  The caterwauling of a peacock.  Yes, it must be real.  

We might even see him today.  I don't know if they have already gone outside or if they are waiting for me in the house.  I cannot seem to find them.  I look in the kitchen where Melissa and Carol are both peeling apples.  "Have Carl and Sarah gone out in the back yet?" I ask.

"We're still in here", calls Carl from the breakfast room nearby, where he and Sarah have been seated at the table waiting for me.  They don't seem ready to get up, so I take a chair and join them.

"We were just talking about the meeting this morning?", says-asks Sarah.

"Meeting?"

"With the community next door", says Carl.  I want to see if they are ready yet to negotiate."

"That probably won't be necessary", says a man's voice from the doorway...

No comments:

Post a Comment