Wednesday 23 March 2022

The Peacock 464

 "Don´t make idle threats, Sarah."

"Maybe we could give him a chance", say I.  "I mean, I don't know the guy, but surely he merits a hearing, even if his views are really objectionable."

"If he does return", says Carl.  "I would say he has that look of the little boy who threatens to run away from home because he won't eat his broccoli."

"How long has he been here?"

"He came with Doug, whom he credits with having rescued him from a life of addiction and prostitution.  They were inseparable, and Tristan has always clung to every word that proceded from the mouth of his exalted leader."

"They were totally codependent", scoffs Sarah.

"I personally hope he will stay", says Carl.  "At least so we can help him deprogram from Doug's brainwashing."

"Are you sure you're equal to the task", says Sarah.

"Time will tell.  And that depends on if he comes back, which I'm sure he will", says Carl.

"Well, he seems to respect Glen, so maybe he can do the work.  I'm sure not up to it", says Sarah.

"No one says that you have to like everybody", Carl says.  "But we are called to love one another.  More coffee?"...


No comments:

Post a Comment