Saturday 3 December 2022

The Peacock 716

 Now it's 7:48.  Just time for a shower, then Skype for thirty minutes with Erik, then downstairs for breakfast.  No peacock crying today, but we saw him, three of us, Carl, François and I, all saw together the peacock.  And Carl doesn't have a clue about its provenance.

Just two minutes under the shower, and now back in my room, towelling myself dry.  There is a notification on my Skype icon.  A little red dot.  Eric saying, Hello Christopher.  Maybe I'll go online with him naked.  Wouldn't that make his day.  Or maybe scare him to death.  Okay, clean shorts, socks, clean shirt, this is a button down burgundy number that I really love, and black jeans.  My don't I look spiffy right now!

"Hi Erik. Ready!

The annoying ringtone of Skype, ding dang dong, dong ding ding, ding dang dong, dong ding ding, ding dang...

And there he is.  He doesn't look much different, just maybe a little more himself, since he is ten years older now than when I last saw him.  He breaks into a wide smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment