Saturday 24 December 2022

The Peacock 737

 "Pero, Tio", says Tommy in Spanish to his uncle, "No seas chinito?"

"No soy chinito, pequeñito, sino venezolano.  Tú eres chinito tú."

"Yo soy canadiense, Tío, y somos dos chinitos"

"Y no lo olvidemos!" says Carlos, laughing.

"What are you guys saying", says Sarah, wide eyed and smiling.

Tommy replies, "But, uncle, aren't you a chinaman?  And he replied, I'm not a chinaman, little guy, I am Venezuelan.  You are the chinaman.  Then I replied I am Canadian, and we are both chinamen.  And Carlos said, and let us not forget it."

"I would hardly call that appropriate?" says-asks Sarah.

"Oh get over yourself", says Michael.

"Well, I suppose it's okay if they use the term in a self referential sense" she concurs, "but the rest of us had better not."

"And don't you forget it!" says Tommy, laughing.

No comments:

Post a Comment