Thursday 22 December 2022

The Peacock 735

 "Are we going out for lunch again?" says Adam.

"I believe that is the plan", Carl replies.  "The owners are coming by to get poked with us"

"Jabbed", says Melissa.

"Whatever."

"My big brother is more like my little brother", she says, rolling her eyes.

"You're everyone's little brother Carl", says Matthew, chuckling.

"It's my life calling", says Carl, grinning.  Someone is ringing the doorbell.  Melissa gets up to answer it.  There are several voices in the vestibule, and she returns to the room with the owners of the diner in tow, Tommy, Carlos, and an attractive woman in her thirties, tall who appears very sure of herself.  

As they seat themselves in three comfy chairs, Tommy says, "Hello everybody.  I would like to introduce to you my wife, Carrie."  She looks up, smiles and nods.  "And all of you know my uncle, Carlos."

"And you would be", says Carol.

"I'm Tommy.  We own the diner up the road.  I don't think we've seen you yet,  uh.."

"My name is Carol, and I am a guest here, and this is Sheila, who lives here, and I think you already know her son, Michael, and that is Glen over there, and of course you must already know Melissa, Carl's sister.  Would you and your uncle happen to be from Hong Kong?"

"I'm from here, but I've lived in Hong Kong and my uncle Carlos is from Venezuela..."

"And I'm from Toronto", says Carrie illuminating the room with her dazzling smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment