Friday 23 December 2022

The Peacock 736

 "And you are here to get poked", says Carl, with a certain wickedness in his smile.

Carrie bursts out laughing and chimes", I suppose that's one way of saying it!"

"My brother, the comedian", mutters Melissa.

""Hey Carrie", says Tommy, "I told you he's hilarious."

"But you said they're all religious here", says Carrie, still smiling.  I am wondering if smiling is this woman's default mode.  She is wearing tight blue jeans and an aqua pullover sweater.  Her hair is blond with highlights and sweeps just past her shoulders.  Like a super model.

Then looking around, as though to compensate for her lack of tact, Carrie says, "This is one awesome place you have here."

"It was built over a century ago by our great grandfather", says Carl.  "He made his fortune in the silver mines of Indonesia, which was then in Dutch hands.  We are Dutch, Melissa and I."

"So, Carlos", says Carol, "You would be then, Chinese Venezuelan.

"I am Venezuelan."

"But, Chinese ancestry."

Jesús says, "He is Venezuelan. He speaks, walks and is pure Venezuelan."



No comments:

Post a Comment