Monday 5 December 2022

The Peacock 718

 "How long are you going to be there?"

"At least another month.  Or if you want, you could stay in the condo alone and wait for me."

"I want to be with you. Can't you cut it short."

"There's too much going on.  I have to be here for a while.  You see, it involves a lot of other people.  Why don't you come stay here, there is lots of room, the grounds and the gardens are vast and beautiful, and the people here are out of this world.  By the way, I thought you weren't coming till July?"

"I said I want to be with you.  Christopher, you don't know how much I've missed you all these years."

"Then come here, till we're ready to go back to Vancouver."

"Can you tell me about the place, anyway?"

"It's a sixty room tudor style mansion that looks like it was lifted from an English country estate and planted here in the BC wilderness.  It was built by a wealthy Dutchman well over a hundred years ago, and now it's run and occupied by his great grandchildren, Carl and Melissa, both in their thirties, really amazing and hospitable people.  There is also a community of Christians here, along with three other guests besides myself.  The people here are awesome, really interesting, and I think you'll be a good fit here."

"Thing is, I'm not a Christian."

"Doesn't matter.  There's no pressure, they're very easy going and pretty sophisticated.

"Do you guys have services and stuff?"

"Not really.  It is really informal.  I have never seen the like."

"Hm.. I guess I could give it a try..."


No comments:

Post a Comment