Friday 16 December 2022

The Peacock 729

 "Okay, but just you", says Carl.   "Not the other two."

"But, Frida and John were both thrown out with me.  And they have no resources to rely on.  Like everyone else in the community they took a vow of poverty, and if I leave them here they will be destitute.  Carl, Melissa, please, you must let us come.  You are our only hope."

"On one condition", says Carl, "And on one condition only.  "You three have to promise to respect and cooperate with every one of our directives while you are staying here.  Can you do that?"

"But, what about Robert and Douglas."

"They are not welcome here.  Carl and I have taken over the leadership here, Mom", says Melissa.  "I'm afraid you will have no option but to cooperate and abide by our wishes."

"Very well then."

"Is there anything else, Mom", says Carl.

"I just want to say, as your mother, how much I love and cherish both of you.  And how proud I am of you both, Carl and Melissa.  And  grateful..."

No comments:

Post a Comment