Sunday 18 December 2022

The Peacock 731

 "The thing is, now that we don't know about the future of this house, all bets are off."

"Speak for yourself, Carl", says Melissa.

"I always do", he says.  "But if Mom wants the house here so badly, well, maybe just let her have it, since I am thinking seriously of returning to Vancouver with you guys."

"I'm not going anywhere", says Melissa, decidedly shutting her laptop.  "Except to the meeting room.  I hear some of the others arriving now so we'd might as well all get ready."

"Where do these bowls go", asks Jesús.

"Over there on the top left."

"What about you mother's friends?" I ask Carl, following him out of the kitchen.

"Two wild cards.  I imagine they were both banished along with my mother, and I don't like the way any of this smells.  They were probably all asked to leave for good reason..."

No comments:

Post a Comment