Friday 30 December 2022

The Peacock 743

 Sheila returns and Matthew gets up for his turn.  "Am I the only one scared of getting a needle?" he says with noble humility.

"Ain't no one here but us chickens", says Carl.

"Speak for yourself", says his sister.

"I always do, Mel, I always do."  To Amanda he says, "Too bad Tristan didn't want to come."

"This is a surprise", she says.  "I didn't think he would be welcome after what happened  and anyway, he is firmly anti-vax."

"What a shame", says Sarah.

"In so many ways", says Amanda, "In far too many ways, that boy is just like his father.  I for one really welcome this opportunity, otherwise I would be waiting another couple of weeks.  And especially now that business is booming thanks to this pandemic, I can't afford to book off sick."

"I imagine that would stand to reason, during a pandemic", says Carol, smiling sheepishly.

"Well, even Netflix has its limits and people do get bored after spending so much time together at home.  Though I am surprised that this virus hasn't turned into more of a mood killer."

"So what are your hot selling items right now", says Carl.

"We don't need to know any of that, Carl", says Melissa dryly...

"

No comments:

Post a Comment