Tuesday 20 December 2022

The Peacock 733

 Melissa has just come in and sits down next to her brother.  "What's this I just heard", she said.

"Chris' friend is coming from Sweden on Tuesday and he will be staying here."

"Since when."

"Since now."

"No one has said anything to me about it."

"I just did."

"But we have Mom and those two coming Wednesday."

"mel, how many bedrooms do we have in this house."

"You tell me."

Thirty-five, right?"

"Okay."

"And how many are occupied?"

"Let's see, we have eighteen on our end and the other seventeen in the community wing."

""And we have ten occasional room, and they could all be easily cnverted to guest rooms."

"Okay"

"Now, of the actual bedrooms, how many are occupied?"

"You tell me."

"You and I each have a bedroom  That's two  Plus Carol, Jesús, Christopher and Aaron, who never sleeps here, that's six.  With Francois now that makes seven.  We have eleven spare rooms, and with our four guests there will be seven..."

"I'm not going to argue with you, Carl."

"Thank you for your as always infallible common sense, little sister."


No comments:

Post a Comment