Tuesday 13 December 2022

The Peacock 726

 "Why do you want to bring those two", says Carl.

"I understand from Robert that our house needs to bet in order."

"OUR house?", says Carl.

"Well, isn't it the family home."

"The house is in my name", says Carl.  "That was the way Dad wanted things."

"Jan wanted one last chance to get me from the grave", says Astrid, their mother.  "But it is still my house as much as it is yours because I happen to be your mother."

"It is my house", says Csrl, "From Dad, bequeathed formally and legally to me long after you divorced him.  You have no stake in here Mom."

"We'll see about that."

"Carl is right, Mother", says Melissa, trying to maintain calm.  "It is Carl's.  Even I have to do as he says,"

"Usually it's the opposite", says Carl, grinning.

"It is God's house and the rules of man do not apply here.  It is God's house and therefore it is OUR house", says Astrid calmly."

"I am the rightful owner", says Carl in a quiet growl,  "therefore I am the Lord's spokesman about what happens here and no one else.

"This house needs to be set in order", says Astrid.  "What is this that Robert tells me about how you overthrew both him and the leader of the community, expelled and banished them both from here?"

"Do you really want the full story?" says Carl.  "What they did here was very ugly..."

No comments:

Post a Comment