Thursday 8 June 2023

The Peacock 902

 Carl appears to approve heartily of his new quarters.  "It seems only fair", say I.  "You let me borrow your bedroom.  Now it's time to repay you."  But I am also aware that this little room is smaller and simpler than the borrowed bedroom I was sleeping in till last night.  But Carl doesn't seem at all to mind.  He flings himself onto the single bed that I slept in for years.  

"This is nice", he says.  "And I like the colour of your bedspread."  It is a deep forest green.  The only real colour in the room.  "Come and join me, you guys", he says, beckoning us with his come get me smile and wide stretched arms.

"What, you want an orgy?" says Francois, laughing.

"All right", says Carl, pulling himself off the bed im mock exasperation.  "We'll do it in your room."

No comments:

Post a Comment