Tuesday 27 June 2023

The Peacock 921

 I have grudgingly ceded to Carl the making of breakfast.  Francois and I remain at the table with our coffees

"So, what's the plan after our visitors have gone?"

"I'm going to take a long hike in the woods.  Want to come?"

"You said we could do it after three.  I want to check out some job postings.

"He doesn't want me to be his sugar daddy", says Carl with mock petulance while dipping the first slice of bead in the egg mixture.

"Poor you", says Francois.

"Francois", say I.  "The cat really seems to like you, and you do want to get started with something.  how about staying on at the house here after we've gone back to the mansion.  I would probably be back before long.  And you would have Eric..."

"To take care of?"

"Well, for company.  For both of you."

"That is to say, assuming that we're going to like each other.  How is he about race?"

"Well, he's Swedish."

"Which is to say, uber white."

"Hey Francois", says Carl, while flipping the bread in the skillet, "you would be just the guy to kick the little white boy into shape."

"And I also love you, brother Carl, and I also love you..."

No comments:

Post a Comment