Wednesday 28 June 2023

The Peacock 922

 I am suddenly feeling a bit fidgety,so I am reaching into the fridge for a pineapple , a couple of mangoes, and a papaya.  Then I grab some bananas from the fruit bowl on the counter.  As Carl eyes the long sharp knife I am pulling from the drawer he says, "is this a good time to be trusting you with sharp objects?"

"Fuck off", I rejoin while chopping the pineapple, like the head of a monster, in half.

"Such love talk", he says.  "But must we do it in the kitchen darling?  We don't want Francois to be made uncomfortable."

"Or jealous", says Francois, getting up from his chair.  "Okay if I slice up some cheese?"

"There is going to be plenty of egg left over to make an impressive omelet.  How about doing that with the cheese?"

"Not a bad idea at all", he replies, and now I am taking a particularly ornery delight in suggestively peeling then  slicing up one banana after another,

No comments:

Post a Comment