Sunday 11 June 2023

The Peacock 905

 I am texting Deacon Jenkins, who has some explaining to do.  And now my phone is ringing, and it is Deacon Jenkins.

"Hello Christopher.  I just received your text.  Do you have a moment?

"Yes, I do", and now I have just turned on speaker phone.  I cut to the chase.  "Did you trouble to look in my basement when your tenants left?"  No longer my father's house.  My house.

"Oh...Christopher...I am so dreadfully, dreadfully sorry!  I didn't know your house had a basement."

"You didn't notice the windows at the bottom?"  I am so incredibly angry that I have to check my breathing, and tone of voice.  and I do understand that the windows at the front are hard to see for the rose and dahlia bushes.  And the house is on a hill, so that the house appears smaller in front than back.  Yes, I get it.

"It must be a dreadful mess."

"Including a toilet loaded with shit."  I must be enraged to use that kind of language with a cleric.

"Christopher", he says calmly.  "Let me arrange for some professional cleaners to come over tomorrow and it will be all taken care of.  Of course you will not be paying for it.  Can you be at home for the entire morning?"

"I'm not going anywhere...."

No comments:

Post a Comment