Thursday 15 June 2023

The Peacock 909

 "Are they leaving you alone, the church I mean?" says Carl.

"They wanted to meet with me for a while after I left the monastery.  Then I had a phone conversation with the abbot, explaining to him in minutiae why he should be grateful that I wasn't going to launch a lawsuit against them.  They have been leaving me alone ever since.  I have no plans of performing again as a priest, but formerly leaving the church is going to have to wait till we have done all we can for our young friend in Uganda.

My phone rings again.  "Hello Christopher, it's Deacon Jenkins again.  I was wondering if the reverend Karen Wilson would be welcome at breakfast tomorrow.  It might be useful to talk with her."

"I just read the first page of her book that you left us here.  I would love to ask her about it."

"Splendid.  She can also fill us in more about Victor and Oliver.  See you tomorrow at nine."

"Bye."

To my friends I say, "Karen Wilson, the transgender priest will be coming for breakfast with Deacon Jenkins."

"I am looking forward to meeting her", says Carl.

"Agreed", says Francois...

No comments:

Post a Comment