Thursday 22 June 2023

The Peacock 916

 "It looks like we're living right on the edge of a forest", says Carl, reaching over my lap to stroke Sheeba cat on the head.

"Yeah, that's Pacific Spirit Park.  There are trails all through it.  It looks like a nice day, so how about I give you guys a tour?

"I like", says Carl

"How about you, Francois?"

"I also like, but I also need to spend time starting my job search.  Could we do it after three?"

"I don't see why not", say I.

"And you don't need to work", says Carl.

"Neither do I need or want a sugar daddy", grumbles Francois, "Not white, black, yellow or brown.  Or red."

"How about green?" Carl is smiling, even if it seems a bit forced right now.

"How about we make breakfast", says Francois.

"how about I make breakfast", say I.

"Don't you want any help?" says Francois.

"after I've figured out what I'm feeding everyone, and then get it started."  I gently get up from my chair being careful to let Sheeba stay there if she wants, but instead she migrates to Francois' lap.  "In the meantime you guys stay out here and find something to fight about..."

No comments:

Post a Comment