Wednesday 14 June 2023

The Peacock 908

 "We have a rescue operation on our hands", says Deacon Jenkins.

"I imagine they're back in Uganda now", say I.

"Which could well be a death sentence for the boy."

"What can we do?" say I.

"Could you please leave it my hands for now", says Deacon Jenkins.  "We may have in Uganda sympathetic contacts that could work to Oliver's advantage.  I can't say any more because there is little that can be promised right now.

"I would like to strike up with Oliver a correspondence", says Francois.

"That could be very helpful ", says Rev Jenkins.  "And you yourself are Rwandan?"

"Rwandan- Canadian.  I was born and raised here in Montreal, but my mother has done much to educate me about African nations, tribes and cultures, plus I have read, studied, and have some of my own contacts."

"That could be very useful", says rev Jenkins.  "Now, to change the subject if I may, would it be advisable for me to come see you tomorrow, say at ten in the morning."

"that would be great", say I.  "Come for breakfast if you like, a bit earlier."

"Nine?"

"That would be perfect.  I'll see you tomorrow morning at nine.

He hangs up, and Francois, following a rather pensive moment says, "It looks like I might have to defer leaving the priesthood for a little time, and I already know that I can trust you both with the things that I shared about the confessional.  I have contacts in the Catholic Church that could be very beneficial for getting young Oliver out of Uganda..."

No comments:

Post a Comment