Monday 12 June 2023

The Peacock 906

 "Can you tell me something, please, about the tenants?"

"There were going to be three, the entire family", says Deacon Jenkins, "But the wife had to remain in Uganda to tend to her ailing mother, so just the father, Victor, came with Oliver, his sixteen year old son."

"It appears that they never left the basement, nor did anything to clean up after themselves, nor, except for Door Dash and Uber Eats, feed themselves."

"Victor complained bitterly that we hadn't provided them with a cook  or a housekeeper to take care of them."

Francois weighs in, "that is very typical of many African men, I'm afraid to admit.  They will starve before doing what they call women's work.  And Uganda is a particularly toxic society.

"I'm sorry, whom am I speaking to?" says the deacon.

"This is my friend,  Francois.  His mother is from Rwanda, and he is very familiar with Africa.

"I am very pleased to meet you, François", he says.

"And I'm Carl", says Carl, "I'm from the Netherlands."

Francois says, "We should also share this note with Deacon Jenkins, "It could be important..."


No comments:

Post a Comment