Wednesday 21 June 2023

The Peacock 915

"How was your sleep", ask I to Carl.

"A bit uneven.  I'm not used to sleeping away from the mansion.  But I like the room, and I did get enough sleep anyway.  Dreams more than usual."

"What kinds of dreams", says Francois.

"Mostly about keys, and then there were sheep and rabbits, and a strange young boy, a teenager leading them to a meadow."

"Like the kid that Jason saw on that island."

"Could be, could well be.  How are you.  Have you been crying?"

"It's nothing. I've just been remembering my father and mother, and how I slept in my father's bed with him for six months after she died. "

"Wow.  Your father must have really loved you."

"He did.  And he was never afraid to show it.  He was affectionate but not creepy about it.  We were also close.

"I'm envious".

"As am I", says Francois. "May I call you Daddy?"

"No you may not!", and now we are all laughing....


No comments:

Post a Comment