Friday 1 December 2023

The Peacock 1075

 "It is very lucrative", says Will.  "Just doing this part time, while staying with my aunt, I should still be able to put myself through university."

"Do you ever give a thought to those who can no longer afford to buy or even rent a home here because the housing market has become so lucrative?" says Carl.

"They can live in other parts of Canada.  Vancouver and its municipalities really ought to be for those who have the money."

"You really actually believe that?" say I.

"It's helping me with my university education."

"And that's all that matters to you?"

"It's dog eat dog world.  You fight to survive."

"And of course it helps having wealthy relatives to help cover your little backside", quips Carl, handing him the now completed paperwork.  "And I should know a thing or two about that being myself a child of wealth."

Wee Willie Wang does not deign to dignify this with a reply.  "I will see that you are advised of the results of our credit checks and references", is all he says, as he gets up and leaves.  "A real pleasure doing business with you.  I shall be in touch in a few days", and off he slinks out through the door...

No comments:

Post a Comment