Saturday 18 June 2022

550

 We are a convoy of three cars.  I get to drive mine, Aaron is in the front seat, with Sarah and Jenn in the back.  Melissa, Glen, Maureen, Sheila and Matthew are staying behind.  But the rest of us will still provide the diner with some much needed business.  Plus, it gets us out of the house and off that weird piece of land for a while.

"You know", say I to Aaron, "This is normalizing."

"I heartily concur", says Jenn from the back seat.

"As do I", says Sarah.  "Especially after the religious hell we were all put through by Douglas and his little acolyte."

"Where do you suppose he's got to?" says Aaron.

"Tristan?" says Jenn.  "I believe his mother is expecting him in Abbotsford, so he won't have too far to go."  

"I somehow don't think we have seen the last of him", says Sarah.

It is now starting to rain and small raindrops are already starting to stream across the windshield, and now the wipers are doing their graceful and studious dance across the glass.

"Hey, speak of the devil", says Aaron suddenly.  "Chris, stop the car", and then I notice the lone figure hitch hiking by the side of the road.  It is Tristan...

No comments:

Post a Comment