Wednesday 15 June 2022

The Peacock 547

 "Do you ever hear from your friends in Melbourne?" Carl says.

"Angela emails or texts me almost every day.   She got really worried about me when I moved in to this house and asked if she could keep in close contact, to encourage and support me.  And her emails have been lovely.  Funny, she has become for me almost a protective shroud.  I unfortunately don't respond that often to her, maybe once or twice a month, if that, but she seems to understand, and has assured me that her friendship remains a constant with us, and she really just wants to give me support.  Her messages are usually short, to the point, and often so full of grace and love and caring. "

She produces her phone.

"Here is a text I just got from her early this morning.  "hello Sarah, I am just finally going to bed after a super long day.  I can't believe we're in May already.  I have just moved into my new little apartment and it is lovely, and there is a park nearby, so there is something green to look at.  Rose has been a real darling helping me get settled and she is now sleeping on the couch because she felt too tired to go home.  She is a dear and she truly reminds me of you in so many ways,  And really, what better way to inaugurate a new home than have my own daughter sleep over the first night.  She sends her love.  You are much in my prayers today and I would imagine from what the Holy Spirit seems to be telling me that you are facing a few challenges right now.  Stand your ground with certain people in your house.  But also be prepared to learn something from them.  Your relationship must be symbiotic.  All for now, dear.  A hug.  Angela."

"She has a daughter", says Carl. 

"A family from her church co-raised her with her.  She is a lovely young woman.  She does outreach work with the local homeless."

"And Angela would be retired now?" says Carol.

"Yes, and it looks good on her..."

No comments:

Post a Comment