Thursday 2 June 2022

The Peacock 534

"You have a daughter?" says Sarah.

"I am a dad."

"How old is she?"

"Twenty-three."

"Where does she live?"

"In Burnaby.  With her mom."

"Do you ever see her?" says Sheila.

"As often as I can."

"So, that's why?" Sarah says-asks.

"Why what", Adam replies.

"You guys often disappear from us."

"I cannot tell a lie", says Lazarus.

"You must invite her here for a visit", says Carl.  "I mean, when it's safe."

"She is very curious about meeting all of you here", says Lazarus.  "She has been very busy with school and now she is doing her practicum."

"What field will she be working in", asks Aaron.

"Mental health", says Lazarus.  She's a newly minted community mental health worker, my little girl, and I am right proud of her."

No comments:

Post a Comment