Sunday 5 June 2022

The Peacock 537

 Sarah appears completely oblivious to the impact she has just left on us.  The way she simply resumes chatting after reciting this bit of poetry that can only leave us all slack jawed in silent awe.  Now she looks around, nervous and self-conscious, as though only now she has figured out that she is already naked, and everyone has known this since already.

"Sarah", says Carol, after a moment's contemplation.  "Would you like to do with me a, a collaboration.  You have such a wonderful voice, and that song that you just performed for us....you're partner composed, and performed that?"

Sarah blinks a couple of times, as though still trying to figure out that she is naked.  "I might have improvised some of it."

"How much?"

I don't know.

"Did you feel as though something had just taken possession of you, dear?"

"Yes.  I think so.  I do feel so odd right now.  Almost like I want to cry."

"That happened to me, I think, earlier, when I was playing the piano.  Something, just gained possession of me."

"But Sarah," says Carl, "that was incredibly beautiful.  Maybe you and Carol could work on something together."

"Yes, maybe", says Sarah, " Maybe we could...


No comments:

Post a Comment