Thursday 30 June 2022

The Peacock 562

 "And this time we are going to respect his wishes and leave him be", says Sarah dryly.

"I am worried about him ", says Carl.

"So am I", says Jennifer, "But we have to let him go.  He is an adult..."

"Even if all evidence suggests otherwise", says George cheerily, "And I am not at all worried about him.  i am, as a matter of fact, glad to see the last of him  as I am sure are the rest of you, even if you be too kind to say it aloud."

And we are all collectively staring out the window, as Tristan waits underneath the canopy to shelter from the rain.  Soon a black sports utility vehicle pulls up, driven by a middle aged woman, presumably his mother.  Tristan approaches the truck, gets in, and off they go.

"Well, that happened pretty fast", says Michael.

"The Lord works in mysterious ways", says Matthew.

"And now he is in the care of his mama", says Jennifer.  "Which rather humanizes him, I would say."

"He has a mommy", says Carl.  "I think she will take good care of him."

"Judging how he's turned out so far, I do have my doubts", says Sarah, "About his mother's parenting skills, I mean.  Matthew, you know Tristan better than the rest of us.  any insight you would have to offer...?

No comments:

Post a Comment