Sunday 26 June 2022

The Peacock 558

 "So, what do you think, Hazel.", says George to Jeffery.  "Should I dignify their interest with a reply?" 

"Hazel?" says Sarah.

"My pet name", says Jeffery.

"Because she 's such a nutty old lady", says George, rather fey. 

"Trans?" says Sarah.

"Maybe trans Atlantic", says Jeffery.  "Or how about trans Pacific, for when you take me to Manila to meet some of your extended family"

"Hazel, I'm not even out to my own mom and dad in Canada, and you want me to take you to the Vatican, Southeast Asia Annex?"

"You mean you haven't explained us to them yet?"

"They think we're both still at the Abbey chanting Gregorian.  What about your folks?"

"About the same."

"So, there is a story", says Carl, chuckling.

"Oh, you handsome boy, we have only just begun", says George, with a flourish...

No comments:

Post a Comment