Monday 6 June 2022

The Peacock 538

 "Where did you take your training, darling?" says Carol

"Training?" says Sarah.

"For your voice."

"I am untrained."

"Bosh.  No you're not, you have an exquisite and beautifully controlled pitch and an incredible range, four octaves did I hear?  I repeat, Sarah, where did you receive training?"

"I'm telling the truth", she says, almost peevishly.

"How very, completely, totally and absolutely remarkable", says Carol, shaking her head in mock disbelief.  "Did you and Priscilla sing together?"

"Only at home, and generally if she was working on a new song, which she usually was.  She actually didn't want me to perform with her because my voice was too perfect."

"Oh, what rubbish!"

"For me, a relief, actually.  I just don't enjoy performing."

"Is it the attention, dear?"

"Yes.  And something else.  But that really got set in motion after Priscilla passed away..." 

No comments:

Post a Comment