Friday 17 June 2022

The Peacock 549

Having said that, Carl produces his phone and texts a number.  He pauses, then says, "Hello, Tommy.  Yeah, it's Carl.  Listen, I was just in touch with the public health nurse, explained our situation, and she's given the go ahead.  If just us, every day, till the restrictions lift, then you will still do okay.  What do you think?..." He pauses, then says", I would say there would be close to twenty of us and we have five cars between us, so we could probably all converge on you today, and every day if you want... That's right, all full lunches.  And by the way, someone is coming tomorrow to give us all the jab, so we'll be extra safe...Okay, I'll tell them.  Later."  He puts down his phone.

"Okay, you guys, listen up", he says.  "Because we are all in the same bubble, and will not be having visitors for quite a while, except for maybe my dear mother, and if we are the only customers at the diner, then they will make allowance for us, but Tommy desperately needs the business, so we're going every day.  Yes, you too Mel..."

"No, I'm not coming", she says.  "There is plenty of work to do here, plus the food is good, and cheap."

"I should also like to stay behind with Melissa in order to give her some support", says Carol.

"Me too", says Maureen.

"I think I could alternate", says Sarah.  "how about you Jenn?"

"Yes", she says, "I like the idea.  Both ideas, I mean."

"I could also alternate", says Sheila.  "But I would like to get away from here sometimes."

"As would I" says Francois.

"Glen?" says Carl.

"I'm going to stay", he says, "I'm still not ready yet to go off premises.

"Nor I" says Matthew.

"I'll go", says Michael.  "How about you guys?" he asks Adam and Lazarus...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment