Sunday 20 November 2022

The Peacock 705

 "So, Christopher", says Glen, "Tell me more about your friend."

"Kenny?  He worked the streets for a number of years as a woman,  Went by the name Cassandra."

Glen does a double take.  "Cassandra?  I might have known her.  Medium length chestnut hair.  Often wore a dark blue cocktail dress at work, with a slit up the side?"

"That would be her."

"How did you end up knowing her?"  And I know that Glen is trying not to emphasize the how did YOU end up knowing HER? but I still detect it in his tone.

"Long story.  Basically, my dad, who was an Anglican priest, rescued him from the street and he lived with us for his last few years.  We all became very close.  How did you know Kenny, Glen?" say I by way of retaliation.

"He was a friend of Stephen's.  Stephen was a friend who worked as a transvestite hooker named Tanya.

"I heard of her, or him, or them.  How did you know Stephen, or Tanya", I reply, almost being afraid to find out.

"He adopted me in the eighties, and we were close friends.  I was with him when he died thirty years ago from AIDS..."

No comments:

Post a Comment