Friday 18 November 2022

The Peacock 703

 "You don't think", says Carl

"That he might have killed Kenny?" say I.  "Anything's possible, but I would say that is plausible."

"You're going on Skype with your ex-brother-in-law tomorrow.   He might know something.  Ask him"

"I'm going to."

"Oh, hi."

Glen comes into the kitchen, looking a little bit tired and lost.

"Oh, hi", he says.  I thought I heard some voices down here.  I was just up reading, so I thought I'd come down and say good night to everyone."

"Are we disturbing you?" says Francois.

"Oh, not at all."

"Help yourself to some cheese and crackers", says Carl, "before we eat it all."

"Don't mind if I do", he says, pulling up a chair.

"Here", says Francois, getting up, and winking at Carl, "let me get you a plate."

No comments:

Post a Comment