Wednesday 23 November 2022

The Peacock 708

 "Where did you go?" says Carl.

"I went to live with my mother for a few years in Victoria, about seven, I think, then I just really wanted to be free and alone again, so I returned to Vancouver, not sure where I was going, and then I ended up staying in Sheila's house with her and her son, Michael."

"Our Sheila and Michael."

"That's right.  And then it was the Community of the Transfiguration back on the Island, and now I'm here with you guys."

"How did you come to know Sheila?"

"I was couch surfing with Pierre, he had been Stephen's boyfriend up until when he died.  It turned out that he was friends with Michael.  It was kind of uncomfortable for Pierre because he still had feelings for me that I wasn't prepared to reciprocate, so Michael invited me to stay with him and his mom.

"Are you and Pierre still in touch?"

"No, we haven't spoken for almost twenty years.  I really don't know where he is now, or how he is..."


No comments:

Post a Comment