Sunday 6 November 2022

The Peacock 691

 "That is so creepy", say I.  "Do you think Lindstrom had anything to do with your father's death."

"There seems to be some kind of gathering evidence."

"What about, what's his name, that Spanish guy?" says Francois, digging again into the bag of chocolate chips.  He proffers Carl the bag, who lightly shakes his head.

"Cosme", say I.

"That's right", says Carl. "Because he saw that tall blonde guy several times."

"But how old would he have been?""say I.

"There is that", says Carl.

"That was back in the sixties.  And he probably would have been in his thirties.  Your father would have died more than twenty years ago, just five years after Kenny died, so by then he would have been at least sixty."

"That guy Melissa and I saw would not have been more than thirty, max."

"Unless he was immortal", say I.

"He probably just had a good plastic surgeon", says Francois with a wry smile...

No comments:

Post a Comment