Friday 25 November 2022

The Peacock 710

 "Where is your sister now", says Francisco.

"Funny, I was just on the phone with her today.  We just resumed contact yesterday.  My first act of celebration with the banishment of Doug has been to re-establish contact with my sister.  and it is going so well.  She says she understands completely what was done to me, and she is going to come and visit me here in the next week or so.  I have really missed her.  And we're the only ones left, so we just have each other."

"I don't imagine we will be hearing from Doug again, anyway", says Carl.  "And as far as Melissa and I are both concerned, he is permanently banned from here.  There is only one problem."

"Mother", says Melissa's voice as she comes into the kitchen.  She is wearing a long magenta house coat, tied snugly at the waste, her hair hanging loosely over her shoulders.  "Why are you guys still up?"

"I was about to ask you the same question", says Carl.

"For a snack, and hey, cheese and crackers, don't mind if I do."  As she sits  down with us and cuts herself a slice of cheddar, she adds,"We don't know what to expect from Mother, Carl.  I am really afraid she us going to try to reinstate Griffin, and if he's back in the picture then we might not have seen the last of Doug."

"Isn't it time, Melissa, that you and I both took a united stand against our mother?" says Carfl.

"I exactly agree", says his sister, chewing now on a Breton, and that is exactly what we are going to do.  But here I have the latest about Mom..."


No comments:

Post a Comment