Wednesday 9 November 2022

The Peacock 694

 "But what about when your mother comes?" say I.

"My point exactly.  It seems to look like she is wanting to set up permanent residence here", says Carl.  "Hey you guys, how about living with me in Vancouver.  We can get a big lovely house in Shaughnessy and set up an urban community together."

"What about your sister?" says Francois.

"She'll stay here with Mom.  She is a devoted daughter, you know."

"You really want to get away from her", says Francois.

"My mother or Melissa?"

"Both?" I ask.

"You know, I have never lived away from my sister.  And I'm almost forty."

"What do you reckon will happen to the big house here?" I ask.

"Mom can take over with Melissa for all I care.  I just don't want to fight with her any more.  I imagine some of the others will also want to stay, so they won't be too lonely.  Hey, do you want to read another page or two, or are we done?"

"It's ten thirty now.  How about one more entry, and we can call it a night", say I

No comments:

Post a Comment