Tuesday 1 November 2022

The Peacock 686

 Unfortunately, that's almost all I remember.  I think we were seated in elegant armchairs in a kind of elegant reception room or library.  There was a view from the window of one of the most incredibly starry skies I have ever seen.  I think we were sipping brandy from elegant snifters.  He gestured, pointing to a particular cluster of stars and said that that was his home.  Then he looked at me very fixedly and said, "You are my child, and I have come to take you home with me."  Next thing I knew I was standing at the bus stop, then got on the UBC bus in order to get home.  I think it was already pretty late, and when I got home it was already after one am.

The next day, after closing the shop, I took the bus downtown.  I was sure I remembered the building and there it was.  I went inside and took the elevator to the top floor.  It opened onto a lobby, where I was sure was the mansion penthouse of Lindstrom.  There was a young woman at the reception desk.  It was a lawyers office, and the reception told me they were closed now.  I went home, more confused than ever...

No comments:

Post a Comment