Monday 28 November 2022

The Peacock 713

 "Your mom sounds like a real piece of work", say I.

"We don't know what happened to her over the years in Switzerland", says Carl, "But she seems to have changed, and not for the better."

"Shrill, rightwing and controlling", says Melissa.  "Anyway you guys, thanks for the cheese and crackers, and I should be getting off to bed."

"Since we're up a bit late, maybe we could have breakfast later, at nine," says Carl.

"Eight thirty", says Melissa.  "We've got the health nurse coming at ten.  Anyway, it'll be nothing fancy, just cereal and toast."

"I'm ready to turn in", says Glen, heading towards the other wing of the house.  "Thanks you guys.  I mean it."

"With pleasure", says Carl, who approaches him and gives him a big hug.  Then Carl turns to me and says, "I'm sleeping in your part of the house tonight."

"Boy's club?" says Melissa sourly.

"Yep", says her brother, as he puts the food away, places the glasses and plates in the sink...

"

No comments:

Post a Comment