Tuesday 8 November 2022

The Peacock 693

 "She might know something", says Carl.  "Are you still in touch?"

"With Greta, no.  But her younger brother looked me up a few days ago, and we visited on Skype.  In fact, we're supposed to talk again tomorrow morning."

"Any idea of why he suddenly wants to talk to you?" says Francois.

"He is set to start postgraduate work at UBC this September and has asked if he could stay with me.  I've said yes, but I still don't know what I'm going to be doing."

"When is he coming?" says Carl, looking a bit worried.

"He wants to come as soon as possible, but I am asking him to wait until July, because I think I'm going to need time to figure out my future here with you guys."

"Or there in Vancouver with you guys", says Carl.  "I'm seriously contemplating buying a place in Vancouver.  A big house.  What do you think?"

"Well", says Francois, "You are pretty loaded."

"Flattery will get you nowhere, you big handsome boy!"

No comments:

Post a Comment