Saturday 19 November 2022

The Peacock 704

 "What have you guys been up to?" Glen asks.

"We were up in Chris's room while he read to us from his dead friend's journal", says Carl.

"that sounds very intriguing.  What became of your friend?"

"he died almost three decades ago", say I, "Likely suicide, but we don't know for sure.  So we're looking at his diary to see if there are any clues."

"I'm so sorry", says Glen.  "Any leads so far."

"We do have a suspect", says Francois, "But know one knows what happened to him.  He might even have died with Christopher's friend."

"We can't know that for sure", says Carl.

"That sounds really interesting", says Glen, biting into a piece of cheese.

"what have you been up to this evening?" says Carl.

"Oh, this and that.  I was just out for a long walk in the dark.  Trying to process everything, things have been so intense around here lately.  Then when I got back I had a good talk with Aaron.  He thinks I should consider going back to Vancouver with some of you, that I have to start facing real life again.  He's right, you know, I have I think an escapist gene in my system, and Aaron is pretty good at confronting me about stuff."

"He has an excellent bullshit monitor", says Carl.  "In fact, sometimes he's terrifying."

"You can sure say that again."

"Mm. once is enough methinks..."

"


No comments:

Post a Comment