Wednesday 16 November 2022

The Peacock 701

 "Let's go home, said Kenny to me, gently touching my arm.  I still felt paralyzed, hardly able to move.  Something really powerful had overwhelmed me through this guy's touch, and for a while, Kenny and I walked together in silence, more or less in the direction of the house.  We were home in about twenty minutes, and after taking off our coats and shoes, we went straight to the kitchen.  Dad was seated there, reading a newspaper and drinking tea.  We joined him.  Looking up at both of us, he said only, What happened, you look like you just saw something incredibly monstrous.  I told him bout Lindstrom, describing him carefully.  Then Dad said that he had seen him recently in the driveway, asking for Kenny, at which time we both looked together at Kenny for an explanation.  He replied, he thinks he's my father and will not leave me alone.  Isn't he rather on the young side to have sired you, my father said.  My point exactly, said Kenny.  This guy is truly a mental case.  Dad called the police...

No comments:

Post a Comment