Friday 6 January 2023

The Peacock 750

 "You don't mean to say that you're all celibate?"

"Most of us are", says Sarah.  "Except for George and Jeffery, they're a married couple, and perhaps", she is eyeing Carl right now.

"Fear not, my love", he says, "I have no stained bedsheets to display."

"I am not going to dignify that with a reply", says Sarah.

"You just did", says Carl, "But seriously, Amanda, as part of our witness to Christ we are all chaste, not by compunction, but by free will."

"So, none of you has taken any actual vows of celibacy."

"No need to.  But we do believe strongly in marriage equality.  Monogamous marriage, that is."

"And that male couple?"

"I think it's hilarious the way you busted them this morning", says Carl, laughing.

"I didn't mean to embarrass them."

"Oh, they'll get over it.  Did you know that they're both Catholic priests?"

"What!"

No comments:

Post a Comment