Wednesday 11 January 2023

The Peacock 755

 "How long have you been away from church?" says Carl.

"It's been off and on", says Amanda.  "when Joseph abandoned us, a lot of them blamed me for it, and then when my boyfriend, Ken, came to live with us, I was cast out as a sinner.  Ken left about four years later, it was a friendly parting, and then I was welcome again in church, sort of.  But I always felt that I was being watched and scrutinized, and in a way, partially shunned, which is actually even worse than outright rejection because it is so insidious.   But we were no longer invited for dinners, and no one came around to look in on us and see how we were doing Christmas or Thanksgiving, and I knew that we would probably never be really welcome there again, so I left altogether.  I thought that was the last I would hear from them, but, NO...not long after going into business with Kim and opening Aphrodite together they were down our throats with two simultaneous messages:  we must shut down this scandalous enterprise at once and go into poverty, and then fall flat on our faces and kiss their feet and their backsides too so they would let us back into their sacred fellowship.  They still won't leave us alone, and we are just in the process of taking out a peace bond against those hypocrites...

No comments:

Post a Comment